Thursday, April 03, 2008

Check these guys out...


Sittin around the office preparing some messages for the weekend and thought i'd stop and inform anyone who reads about my new favorite band of the last couple weeks: The New Frontiers!
I heard about this album through online reviews a few weeks back and was intrigued by all the positive press, except for one bad review. Ironically, I think it was that negative review that actually got me interested in them in the first place. I guess the saying rings true again: No press is bad press!
I don't know how to describe them... At first i thought a little like Wilco, Coldplay and Copeland... at least hints of each... At first i thought it was ok, average at best... but now at least 15 listens later, i have to admit it is one of the best discs i have bought in a long time! It took me a little while to get into... i even had to work at it... but wow did it ever pay off in the end! Very releaxing, peaceful, and allows one to think! Good lyrics are a must in any good music for me. You can actually tell that the singer cares about what he's singing. Kind of a rare thing these days.... As far as i know you can only order the disc through their site, but you can download it on itunes... I recommend you all give them a listen! Check them out at :www.myspace.com/thenewfrontiers

Comments:
I would have to agree, they are good. But this album really has to grow on you.
 
yes.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]