Monday, August 07, 2006

Ministry Trip...

Summer is FLYING by! I can hardly believe that July has passed. Where have you gone July? And why didn't you stop in to visit while you passed thru? Anyhow, enough babbling, i am currently sitting in my room in a rather good mood and feel like writing about our ministry trip to Cumberland House with LHPA. In attendance were me, Pastor John, Amanda H, The Chaboyers (Perry & Noreen), Kregg O, and Jim Christian. It was a great trip with a whole lot of unexpected's and twists and turns... but what is a ministry trip without those, like really eh?

Cumberland house is a metis community in northern Saskatchewan. For those who don't know, at Lawson we have an ongoing relationship with this community. Our youth group has been up 3 times and our church a couple and i totally enjoy the times we get to go. I want to start by saying that it's refreshing to see people who are hungry for God and this is what we see in Cumberand. Anyhow, the trip down was good. The roads however are always interesting. Picture a stretch of continuous dodging potholes and you get my drift. Upon arrival, we helped (or in my case) observed as the tent was being set up (we did ministry under a tent which was super cool). Following this i had words uttered to me that i thought i'd never hear, they came from an unlikely sourc in Pastor John... these words were found in the phrase, "So Jordan, you are going to be leading worship at this event?" Now anyone who knows me, knows how my hair on my neck stood straight up when hearing this. Thankfully, Amanda came to my rescue (and the rescue of all of Cumberland house had they had to hear me sing lol) and she led worship with Pastor John, me on guitar and Perry on drums. I tell ya in a million years and i woulda put good money on it, that i'd never see this combination as a worship band lol. The first night was painful lol. But come the 2nd night Amanda got really commited and led with guitar, moving me to my first love (totally kidding) the electric guitar and we started sounding better. It was a fun experience and i think Pastor John summed it up best to me on the way home by saying, "We definately won't be seen on tour anytime in the near future!"

The rest of our time there was occupied with a tour by the legend Perry Chaboyer, Fishing with a guide and all, rest and relaxation (being introduced to jello popsicles at this point, they're well worth the trip to Cumberland) and preparation for ministry. Jim Christian was the main speaker and we were challenged and encouraged by the word he brought forth. I got to do a Friday afternoon session with youth/young adults that went over well and also got to preach on Friday evening. That evening preaching was different and memorable for me because everything i prepared for to speak on before going to Cumberland House i scrapped as God gave me different direction and am now currently being challeneged or shall i say blasted by what i spoke on! God's awesome and am thankful in how He leads us and continues His work in us! I'm really being taught to be obedient and listening lately. We left to come back to Saskatoon on Saturday moring and i was a little sad to be leaving. I'm hoping i'll be back in Cumberland House soon enough though. Cumberland is so easy going, I immediately saw the difference when entering the city. In Cumberland our tent meetings were supposed to start at 8 but never really got on before 9. It's so different being laid back, instead of always rushing. It was Nice! I really felt refreshed in Cumberland as did the others. Meeting with Jesus is always awesome! The trip back flew. The road was farely terrible though as it had rained. Now i know why they told me my Sunfire was NOT coming with us.

Since then i've been reading a little, seen a movie, went to the Fringe Festival a couple of times where i caught some cool plays and magician types of presentations. If you're in Saskatoon i highly recommend that you go check out the FRinge on Broadway. This week looks busy. I gotta officially become a resident of Saskatchean and this entails license plates, license, health card etc... Moving can be such a pain eh? Oh ya and i bought an ipod shuffle yesterday. Everyone told me not to buy one, that it was too small and you could get other ones with more memory just as cheap and that it's no good becuz it doesn'thave a screen... so basically all that criticsm made me want to buy it even more, so i picked it up and am loving it. I went for an hour and a half walk today just to listen to music. The whole shuffle opiton is awesome becuz each song sounds refreshing and not tedious. So therefore i recommend this product to everyone. Besides that Apple product looks good on you lol. (there's my materialist comment of the blog) Anyways, i hope you're all doing well, i'm off to sleep, will comment more on this trip as thoughts come. Bless Y'all!

Comments:
Jordo....
Glad you had a good time in Cumberland House. It's never as you plan it up there. I wonder if that means we should stop planning? Get ready fro more stretch as you head into your first year of youth ministry as your vocation. EGR. Put your order in now!
 
Cumberland house sounds like an interesting ministry, I am glad God is using you there. July did pass fast a little too fast. Hope the rest of the summer goes well for you. God Bless.
 
Awesome Blog about Cumberland House Jordan, great read. I agree with Pastor Jason, except for that we didn't plan and we had trouble and then when we finally had a plan it worked a little bit better... lol.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]