Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where to start?

Well it's been a while since i last blogged...for starters i'm a graduate...yah i made it! since then i've just been chilling, enjoying the good times and have taken some holidays. I find this is a great time to seek God and focus on where He leads. I spent a couple weeks in Saskatoon just lazing around and was in Winnipeg all last week which was an awesome time. I can't remember a week where i was doing so much. I stayed at Joe's place which is a great experience, it's a great house, good folks and amazing food (i think i need to diet a little this week lol). But yeah Winnipeg was fun.

When i first got there we went to a couple services where Greg Gill spoke (including the link), it was good times and i was challenged. I had the opportunity also to check out General Conference and it was actually really good. Bill Morrow had a powerful word about moving forward in Christ and the kingdom and we caught a good night to be there as they gave little key chain gifts. Hanging out in Winnipeg with people was a blast too. We basically hit up everything lol. Joe knows the stroes too, check out the store MEXX if u ever get the chance (i basically slept over there), it's the new "Le-chateau".. Then came YC. YC was great! I was able to help lead the Thompson group (last minute) as they didn't have a youth leader and we had a good time. David Nasser preached and it was powerful. Even though i had already heard almost everything he preached already, it was impacting on people. The concerts were good and i must say THUMBS UP to Barlow Girl, i was so impressed with how good they are live. Audio Adrenaline was good as always. And Mike Larson was awesome to have as a worship leader. People and I TOOK it! I bought his cd's and love the heart and passsion behind his music. Check it out if u ever get the chance. Joe got to host Larson and band all weekend at YC and i'm sure he had a blast!

I'm sitting in Thomspon now getting a dent fixed in my car...those dang hit and runs eh.. Then off to The pas to visit Nic for a while then off to YC Alberta, so things are rolling! I need to find a job soon lol. This whole time off has been just what i needed though and already feel refueled with passion and desire to minister and live for Christ! I'm reading a book right now a new one By John Bevere...(i bet you're all suprised that i'm reading Bevere lol)... it's called "Driven by Eternity" and it's a powerful message. Joe's reading it right now too and it's all about living with the end in mind and not for the here and now...if u want to be challeneged or should i say blasted then check it out..

"Call to die" people i've read the blog a bit and your insights are awesome. I keep praying that the fast and time with God brings u so much closer to Him. Anyhow i should be going here, i'll be more committed to this from now on...though i made this promise a while ago lol.. but yeah i hope everyone who reads this is having a good summer and is having fun. Oh yeah and i found the nicest Starbucks in the world in winnipeg it's on Osborne, if you're in the Peg check it out, i can chill there for hours...Peace!

Comments:
Hey Jord,
Glad to hear your summer is going well so far. How was the quilt repair? Hope it was alright. I tried to make it blend in.
I just started working for Starbucks here in grande prairie. I've been to the one on Osborne, it's nice.
 
That is so awesome man! Haha I can't believe you're spending a whole month just going conference cruising. Only you man.. only you.
So I just got one question. On a scale of 1 to... I don't know let's say 8, what would you say YC manitoba was? Like 3/8's or 5/8's?
 
Hey Jordan!

I was at that last night of GC too... I LOVED that message by Bill Morrow... that thing about Jesus being hungry but then saying that doing God's will was his food... that was awesome.

Glad to hear you're doing good and that the time off is working fo you... it's done wonders for me too... it's definitely rekindled my desire to be in ministry.

God Bless,
Vicki
 
I'm glad you had fun in Winnipeg! And I even more glad you visited!

Have fun in Edmonton!!!
 
The quilt repair was awesome Kendra, i still owe you a stars and congrats on the job... Winnipeg rocked Joe it was awesome, i'll have to hear your ghetto story soon lol... Sheldo YC Manitoba was probably about 4/8's bro... Vicki enjoy the vacation time it is limited lol...and Nic i loved visiting wish i could've stayed longer, have fun!!!
 
Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]